Saturday, January 7, 2012

My parents say i'm trying to grow up too quickly but i'm 17, what can I do?

Omg it's like as if you're the boy version of me!, my parents are exactly the same. They give me the most ridiculous times to come home meaning I normally have to spend about 3 or 4 hours with my friends. The more I get invited to parties, the more of a struggle it is for them to let me go. Whenever I tell them that the times they tell me to come home is too early or i'm not being treated unfairly their argument is '' we care more than other parents''. My parents claim to say that when i'm 18 I can do whatever I want but I already know that's just a whole load of bull to keep me at home which means I would have to put up with their over protectiveness. Sorry about my rant but I'm just trying to prove that you're not the only one with this problem, is it fair? of course not. But we have to put up with this until we move out, their on going rules and rants will never end because its their house so we have to abide by their rules. I'm just trying my best to save so that I can vamoose. For now all you can do is try and negotiate with you're parents, don't argue with them that just makes things worse. Prove to them that their young boy is growing into a man and they don't have to be continuously protective.

No comments:

Post a Comment